Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
I can't believe I did not think of this sooner. I'm not going to lie, as soon as the idea came to me, I felt like a culinary genius. :) If you can't tell by now, I like finding creative vessels for my dishes. I have had a lot of fun with avocados with this same concept. These pepper are great for lunch, dinner or even as an appetizer. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!!
INGREDIENTS
8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion
6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
Salt and Pepper - to taste
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
DIRECTIONS
Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400*
Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes
Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Serve and Enjoy!!
Makes 4 servings - 6 net carbs per serving
Peace, Love, and Phillys
Looks amazing! Adding this to my short list of thing to cook!
ReplyDeleteUm, you ARE a culinary genius. Thanks for sharing the idea!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love philly cheesesteak, but, of course, I gotta make this recipe!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteawesome ....I'm going to pin this ...thanks :-)
ReplyDeletefound you on pinterest. (where else!) this looks amazing!! thanks for sharing! i'll be back!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteI made these for dinner tonight. I just removed the tops of the peppers and the insides and stuffed the whole pepper. I followed the rest of the directions as written. I have a pan that makes 6 extra large muffins and put the whole peppers in there so they would be stable during cooking. My husband and teenaged sons LOVED these. One whole stuffed pepper with a serving of seasoned fries was a very hearty and very QUICK meal for a weeknight. Gotta love a gluten free meal that tastes good! Thanks so much for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteTried this last night...and ooh very good. :D Yummy..now if you could conger up an idea on how to make this a soup for winter...you would be my hero for life. :)
ReplyDeleteYUM, making this ASAP!
ReplyDeleteWhat is "peace and love" seasoning? This recipe looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it!
ReplyDeleteOMG -- found you thru Pintrest. This look heavenly! TOTALLY a low carber -- down over 100lb and am at less than 15 to go :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to check out your other recipes :)
Blessings!
Gail
I found this through ChowStalker... it looks FABULOUS! I will definitely try but with a different color pepper. This is a great idea... put the cheese inside!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, this looks absolutely delicious!
ReplyDeleteThank you I am totally excited to find your site!!! I am pregnant and trying to find health no carb no sugar recipes is very hard! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteYou are a freakin' genius for sure!!! I'm a native Philadelphian and Paleo really does not allow me to enjoy my old favorites. Kyndra what did you serve with this?
ReplyDeleteYou are a culinary genius for this recipe! I made this for dinner tonight and it was incredible!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! I will be trying this soon!
ReplyDeleteDelicious! If you can find it, Steak-Ums work great instead of roast beef - more authentic cheesesteak meat, sliced super thin. Just cook the slices for a minute or two on each side, and they're good to go. Will try using four whole peppers with just the top sliced off next time. Thanks for these great and tasty low carb meals!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is in the the US Army and away from right now ( for a short time)I plan to make this for him when he comes home I can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I love the avocado idea too. My husband is very picky when it comes to veggies. He will let me make stuffed peppers, but will only eat the filling.. He does love avocados though.
ReplyDeleteMaking them right now, thank you!!
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing, I am making them for the second time today. I love philly cheesesteaks but can't eat wheat...problem solved, it is genius btw!!
ReplyDeleteMy boyfriend made these the other night - they were great!!
ReplyDeleteMaking this AS WE SPEAK... my house smells amazing.. and my husband is running late... I don't know if I can resist eating before he gets here.. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this FANTASTIC idea! You ARE a culinary genius! :)
ReplyDeleteStuffed Bell Peeppers are one of my families favorite dishes! I can't wait to try this variation on the fam!!!!
ReplyDeleteTrying these tonight! Can't wait! Can you do all the steps up until the baking part, then freeze the ready-to-bake peppers for another time?
ReplyDeleteMy husband and kids loved these. I even added some pepper jack on top so my husband was a very happy man
ReplyDeleteI found your recipe on Pinterest and made these the other night. I used frozen sandwich steaks because I would have been run out of Philly for using roast beef. It was a why didn't I think of this moment! They were great and more dinner like than the usual sandwich on a hoagie roll.
ReplyDeletemade these last night and shared on my blog (www.nomorejellybelly.blogspot.com). thanks for the recipe. a hit with everyone!!
ReplyDeleteThank You for this! I doubled the ingredients and got some extra cheese, was able to stretch it over 12 halves(6 whole) peppers! SOOOOO yummy!
ReplyDeleteThis was delicious, even my kids enjoyed it, thanks!
ReplyDelete