Thursday, July 12, 2012

Asian Lettuce Wraps

Asian Lettuce Wraps
These turned out really great.  I would have liked a little more hoisin sauce in the dish but hoison is relatively high in carbs and I wanted to keep the carb count per serving as low as possible.  When I make these again, I will cook the turkey and set it aside while the vegetables cook in a separate pan.  That way the turkey will retain its moisture

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
6 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves
1 Can Water Chestnuts
1 Large Rib Celery
1/2 Medium Sweet Onion
1 Clove Garlic - Minced
3.5 oz.  Baby Portobello Mushrooms
2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
2 Tbs. Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp. Chinese Five Spice
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
***Optional Garnish - Green Onion***

DIRECTIONS
Chop up vegetables

In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, brown the turkey.

Mix in hoisin, soy sauce and chinese five spice.  Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.

Add vegetables, reduce heat to low-medium and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.

Divide mixture among the lettuce leaves and pile mixture into the center of the leaves.

SERVE AND ENJOY!!

Makes 6 servings:
Per Serving:
Calories - 148
Protein - 15g
Carbs - 6 net g 
Fat - 6 g 


Peace, Love, and Lettuce Wraps




2 comments:

  1. YUM -- think I will be giving this a try with ground pork -- not much of a ground turkey fan.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is yummy!! Hubs even liked it ;-)

    ReplyDelete