Spanish (Mexican) "Rice"
I honestly can't believe I didn't think of this idea sooner. Once I did, it's like a light went on in my head. The good news was that I had everything in the house to make it. I keep experimenting with cauliflower recipes. Cauliflower can simulate so many different foods... pasta, potatoes, rice. This recipe was the first time that I truly felt like I was eating rice and not riced cauliflower. Serve it to your non low-carbing friends and see if they can identify it... Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS
3 Cups Cauliflower - Riced - I use my cheese grater to rice the cauliflower
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1/2 Can Stewed Tomatoes with Mexican Seasoning (I used S&W stewed tomatoes with mild chili and mexican seasoning) They are great but any variety will work
1/2 Cup Onion - Diced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
2 Tbs. Cumin
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
DIRECTIONS
I cooked this in my non-stick wok but a large saute pan will work just fine. Heat your pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
Add riced cauliflower, cumin, chili powder and garlic salt - Let cook 5-8 minutes - Stir every minute or so.
Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Use a rubber spatula to break up the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer 30-40 minutes or until all the liquid has reduced.
SERVE AND ENJOY!!
Makes 6 Servings - 4 net carbs per serving.
Peace, Love, and Rice
Yum!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny. I just had a craving for the real spanish rice and gave into it. Then I saw this. Brilliant!!!
ReplyDeleteOH WOW GOOD JOB on your weight loss!!!! CONGRATS! YES I am screaming! lol Hubby and I are also losing. This recipe looks awesome and I will be making it! Thanx for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteDid you rice/grate the cauli raw or cooked?
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious!
ReplyDeletehttp://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/
I made this for dinner tonight and everyone was very happy. You don't feel deprived on a low carb diet when you get to eat like this!
ReplyDeleteI was just craving my spanish rice for dinner! I add ground beef and cheddar cheese on top and some sour cream YUM!!
ReplyDelete