Friday, August 17, 2012

Oven Roasted Ranch "Potatoes"


Oven Roasted Ranch "Potatoes"
So obviously these aren't really potatoes.  If delicious potatoes were actually low-carb we would probably all be doing a little happy dance.  This recipe is made with rutabagas.  I love to take food and transform it to be as close to it's carb-laden counterpart as possible.  I have a new found love for this underrated root vegetable.  This recipe honestly couldn't be any easier.  You can lower the carb count quite a bit by making your own dry ranch mix.  Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 lb Rutabaga
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400°

Wash rutabagas, trim ends off and slice into wedges.

Add rutabaga wedges, olive oil and ranch seasoning to a zip loc bag and shake until all wedges are evenly coated.  

Baked on a lightly greased baking sheet for 40 minutes.  

Peace, Love, and Root Vegetables

Makes 6 servings:
Per Serving:
Calories -  89
Protein -  1  g
Carbs -    9 net g 
Fat -   10  g


***Nutritional info can vary greatly by brand.  Please be sure to check the labels of all of the ingredients you use***


1 comment:

  1. I really like your recipes. May I know what dip were you using?

    ReplyDelete